Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
West Valley-Mission Email Requirement
O’Reilly Safari Books is open to all West Valley and Mission College students, faculty and staff. A valid student or faculty/staff email address is required. Students will need to use their West Valley-MIssion student email address to access O’Reilly Safari eBooks, see For Students page. Faculty and Staff, use the For Instructors & Staff page.
Create & Validate An O’Reilly Safari Account
To create an account, follow the directions below. O’Reilly Safari Books is open to all West Valley and Mission College students, faculty and staff.
- Go to O’Reilly Safari Books https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/temporary-access/
- Choose "Not Listed? Click Here" when asked to Select Your Institution.
- "Enter your West Valley-Mission emaill address (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com)
NOTE: You'll have access immediately, but you'll need to validate your account
- Validate Account: O’Reilly Safari will send an email in about 20 minutes
- Select the link in the email to validate your email address and create a password
- Once you have a validated account, Sign In to O’Reilly Safari Books on or off-campus here.
Assigning O’Reilly Safari Books/Tutorials to Students
Instructors may assign students books, book chapters, and tutorials to students to read online or via the mobile app (Safari Queue).
Instructors - It is ideal to provide the exact title/author of the item and the URL so students may find it via the link or search for the item (esp. if using app). For example:
Students, please read Section 4 (both parts) of Fearless Drawing by Kerry Lemon
Students, please complete this video training, Python Guide for the Total Beginner