Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Schedule a Research Instruction Session via Zoom:
- Complete the Research Instruction Online Booking Form *(it shows that you are scheduling it in the Library, but we will use Zoom instead)
- You will receive a confirmation email
- Maryanne Mills will contact you to discuss what is to be covered in the session
- Maryanne will send you a Zoom invitation that you will share with your students. It will include the links they need to connect to the Zoom meeting. It will be recorded in order to share with your class.
- Have your students visit West Valley College Online : Zoom for Students to learn how to join a Zoom meeting
Why conduct an orientation about the the library's resources?
A research instruction session can provide specialized instruction to help students:
- Reduce library anxiety
- Understand the research process
- Locate books, articles and reputable websites
- Recognize scholarly vs. popular articles
- Find statistics and government documents
- Prepare for future research needs
*Need help registering? Watch a short video about how to book a library orientation.
Graphic attribution: "webinar" by Matt Saling from the Noun Project